If you have a playhouse with more of a wooden structure then you can surely turn it into a nice chicken coop and keep it outdoor. Most people love to make a coop for their backyard so their hens can hatch eggs inside it. It’s fun to have your own farm style eggs from the coops and use them for making healthy morning breakfast.
This plan needs to be explained a little bit. It’s going to have the door for chicken, human door for the run, and door with the secured latches. Two or three nesting boxes, easy access to the coop that won’t require you to enter inside the coop for the cleaning. You would be able to put the feed for the chickens easily along with the water without entering the chicken coop.
- First the posts are removed from the swing set to make a basic structure of the chicken coop. The deck was used for making the side panels of the structure
- Egg access door is built on the side of the chicken coop.
- The railing is used as a stair to the chicken door.
- External nesting boxes were built separately for the chicken coop.
- Make nest boxes inside
- Install brackets to make the perches for the birds
- Depending on the chicken you may need three to six nesting boxes. The more chicken you plan to have the more boxes would be needed. The rule is simple.
- For the floor of the chicken coop, 12 inch strips of 5/8 plywood is used, however, you can use stick and peel splash tiles that come in a variety of design, pattern and color combos. Even there are faux wooden tiles that can be used to lend the chicken coop a traditional style interior.